The 8-inch Gent’s Saw from Blue Spruce Toolworks puts a blade similar to our Dovetail Saw into a form that some folks find easier to control when working on small scale joinery. While it has the same tooth configuration as the Dovetail Saw, the blade is 3" shorter and it has a chisel style handle instead of the traditional pistol-grip.
Don't confuse this saw with some of the mass-marketed "Gent's" saws out there. We take no shortcuts. The spines go through the same flattening, stress-relieving and milling process as those on our Dovetail and Carcass Saws, maintaining the tightest tolerances in the industry. The teeth are ground using cutting-edge abrasive technology, then inspected and refined by experts.
For those just getting into working with traditional hand tools, this saw makes an excellent entry point, and those with more experience will still find those tricky cuts where the smaller form factor makes the job simpler.
We offer the same choices on the Gent's Saw handles as we do on our chisels. We will make your saw with a resin-infused figured Maple or Cocobolo handle
8-inch Gent’s Saw Features
- 16 points per inch
- 8" (203.2mm) cutting length
- 1-3/4" (44.45mm) depth of cut
- .016 (.40mm) blade thickness
- .003" (.050mm) set
- Overall length, including handle 13-1/2" (342.9mm) x 2-3/8" (60.3mm)
- Resin-infused Figured Maple or Cocobolo handle
- Precision Sharpened Rip Tooth Profile
- Made in USA
All Blue Spruce Toolworks Backsaws Feature
- Geometrically perfect Tooth-line
- Premium Swedish Spring Steel Blades
- Precision Flattened & Milled Steel Spines
Note that we make your products to order and lead times can be up to 6 weeks. We will make every effort to get your items to you as soon as possible.